Date: 10/19/19 10:54 am
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Green Ridge 2019 summary
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Date: Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 10:53 AM
Subject: Green Ridge 2019 summary
To: COBOL <COBOL...>

East Cascades Audubon Society's 15th Green Ridge raptor survey logged a
total of 1,020 migrating birds of prey representing 16 species during 49
hours of observation for an average of 21 raptors per hour of observation
during a very cool and wet fall.

Individual species:

21 Osprey
67 Bald Eagle
4 Northern Harrier
361 Sharp-shinned Hawk
137 Cooper's Hawk
3 Northern Goshawk
108 Red-tailed Hawk
2 Rough-legged Hawk
2 Broad-winged Hawk
2 Red-shouldered Hawk
16 Golden Eagle
5 American Kestrel
57 Merlin
4 Peregrine Falcon
3 Prairie Falcon
183 Turkey Vulture
31 Unid. Accipiter
5 Unid. Buteo
1 Unid. Falcon
8 Unid. Raptor

9/14 6 hours 57 raptors (Solo count by Peter Low)

9/21 8 hours 265 raptors (Count extended by one hour)

9/22 2 hours 2 raptors (Rained out at noon)

9/28 4 hours 58 raptors (Snowed out at 2:00)

9/29 (No count due to inclement weather)

10/5 7 hours 104 raptors

10/6 7 hours 106 raptors

10/12 7 hours 54 raptors

10/13 8 hours 375 raptors (Count extended by one hour)

Special thanks to Peter Low, Kim Boodie and Judy Meredith for their
continuing dedication to the project, to the ECAS's board and president, to
our partners on the Sisters Ranger District, to Chris Scranton and his
trail brushing crew of one, to our frequent flyers, to 60
visitors/participants and to Jim and Sue Anderson for their moral support
and inspiration.

Seeing all those birds of prey,
Certainly made a lot of peoples' day,
A good time was had by all,
Hope to see everyone next fall!

"To the degree to which we know and appreciate a species,that species is
uplifted and in the process so too are we."
E.O. Wilson

David Vick
Terrebonne

Join us on Facebook!