Date: 10/19/19 10:01 am
From: Timothy Healy <tph56...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Say’s Phoebe, morning flight - Jones Beach, Nassau County
An impressive flight following last night’s NW winds included a flyby observation of Say’s Phoebe near the Jones Beach Coast Guard Station boat basin this morning. I cannot say whether the bird continued on or put down somewhere nearby; I followed up its flight and spent some time searching but could not refind it. Notes from the field for this fleeting encounter are included in my eBird checklist. Other birds of interest included Clay-colored Sparrow, Dickcissel, Red-headed Woodpecker, and over 1,000 Yellow-rumps. Marbled Godwits and Caspian Terns continue on the spit.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S60746815

Cheers!
-Tim H

ARCHIVES: