Date: 10/19/19 9:27 am
From: Douglas Filler <0000012c09e09177-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Silver Lake in Bucks Co.
The following were seen or heard on the morning bird walk from the Silver Lake Nature Center located in Bristol Pa.

Silver Lake Park/Nature Center, Bucks, Pennsylvania, US
Oct 19, 2019 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
Participants: 31.2 mile(s)
Comments:    Lots of birds with Yellow-rumped Wablers  being the most numerous. Also saw a bird that I have never seen in my 15 years of birding Silver Lake...a Virginia  Rail. We first heard the bird making its  kek kek  kek call, we waited and saw the bird come out from the underbrush into a small pool of water about 10 feet away from us giving all three of us great views. We saw  3 Northern Flickers on one    snag doing some kind of head bobbing display while another Flicker watched from a branch next to them.
34 species

Canada Goose  18
Mallard  8
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  5
Virginia Rail  1
Ring-billed Gull  20
Double-crested Cormorant  2
Great Blue Heron  1
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  5
Downy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  6
Blue Jay  5
Fish Crow  12
Carolina Chickadee  4
Tufted Titmouse  2
Golden-crowned Kinglet  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  6
White-breasted Nuthatch  4
Winter Wren  1
Carolina Wren  8
Gray Catbird  3
American Robin  7
American Goldfinch  2
White-throated Sparrow  12
Song Sparrow  18
Swamp Sparrow  5
Eastern Towhee  2
Red-winged Blackbird  50
Rusty Blackbird  1
Common Grackle  5
Cape May Warbler  1    Drab grey streaks down breast with yellow going from chin to around the side of head. Perhaps female or first winter bird.
Yellow-rumped Warbler  35
Northern Cardinal  5

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S60745170

Doug Filler