Date: 10/19/19 7:47 am
From: Jerry McWilliams <0000001b5c226889-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Erie County waterbird count for October 19, 2019
Location: Sunset Point,Presque Isle State ParkDate:  October 19,2019Time:  0725 to 0955Weather: Clear, calm wind and calm lake, temp. 39 to 45 FComments:  Light waterfowl movement many from the west.  A fair number of cormorants were crossing the lake from Canada.  Jennifer and I saw a grebe that was under water more than above the water well offshore that we never really saw well, though I believe it was probably a Red-necked Grebe.  It was interesting to see three scoters flying past together representing all three species.  Jennifer Ferrick and Roger Donn assisted with the count.
Waterbirds recorded:
Canada Goose  2American Black Duck  12Mallard  27Green-winged Teal  2Lesser Scaup  62Surf Scoter  8White-winged Scoter  1Black Scoter  1Common Goldeneye  1Red-breasted Merganser  7Common Loon  5Double-crested Cormorant  525
Others seen flying across or along the lake:
Peregrine Falcon  2Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1unidentified kinglet  2American Pipit  20unidentified Passerine  2Monarch  2

Jerry McWilliamsErie, Erie County, <Pa.jerrymcw...>

Join us on Facebook!