Date: 10/18/19 9:14 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Nolan's extraOregon rarities
  I expect LeConte's Sparrow , like Chestnut-collared Longspur, is passing through Oregon every year at this time and automatically undetected. The Columbia River at McNary Dam is the same elevation as the lowlands of Finley NWR, with rainfall under 10 inches a year. November days can be mild and sunny when the westside is gloomy.         The Yellow-browed Warbler is a prized vagrant to listers across western Europe, straying from Siberia as the one on Vancouver Island must have. It is the official bird species of the municipality of Utsira, Norway's smallest( down to 195 residents and falling yearly by a handful). This island is an hour and a half ferry ride from the mainland(Haugesund) and this weekend, the ones just passed, and perhaps the next few, as many as 200 ardent listers will run through the yards of local residents chasing vagrants. It's not hard to imagine the economic impact, and understand the tolerance shown by residents. Not that twitchers are the biggest spenders. Many sleep in their cars between foot chases.lpn Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!