Date: 10/18/19 7:01 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Preston County - Golden Eagle
Hello All,

I was traveling south on my way to the Brooks Bird Club fall meeting at Blackwater, and I had Nathan Pieplow with me (Peterson's Bird Sounds author). As we entered scenic Nestorville, south of Rowlesburg, I saw an eagle over the road. I'd assumed it was a Bald, but Nathan, who lives in Boulder, Colorado, exclaimed that it was a Golden Eagle. We parked/blocked someone's driveway and got great looks at the bird as it wheeled overhead, probably my best look at a Golden ever. Then it got dive-bombed by a pair of Red-tails, chased by a raven, and accompanied by a Sharp-shinned. An immature Bald eventually flew over with a Turkey Vulture. VERY cool!

So keep close looks on those eagles...you never know!

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!