Date: 10/18/19 4:33 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Cape Island Trip
Keith Phillips and I made another trip to Cape Island today. If you are able go tomorrow or this weekend before you regret it.

Our surprise of the day was at least 45 Black Skimmers at the the Meadows. My personal highlight of the day was watching and listening to Mike Lanzone in live action at Higbee Field 2 where he was leading his trip. I believe he id’ed every bird in field 2 *birds in the trees, shrubs, grass or on the ground* for his trip participants.

My best effort in search of birds is when I went back to the clam shell over-flow parking at at Higee. From there I took the blue trail across the street and bushwacked up slope towards the Morning Flight Songbird Count area. Flushed whole lot of sparrows and palm warblers. Kind of miss there was I unable to clinch an id on very potential *in my opinion*dull looking female summer tanager. It was very windy at the top of the dredge spoil area and bird was flushed twice and eventually diving deep into the phrags for safe and comfort.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>