Date: 10/18/19 2:23 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (17 Oct 2019) 32 Raptors

CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (2): Kelley Nunn
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Partly Sunny (50-75% cloud cover), Ceiling -- 4,400 ft., Visibility - 10
miles, Temps 47 - 58F, Winds WNW @ 20 - 35 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 3-Bald Eagle,
2-Red-shouldered Hawk, 6-Red-tailed Hawk, and numerous Black (69) and
Turkey Vultures (70).
<BR><BR>
----Bald Eagle ages: 1 yr.-_; 2 yr.-_; 3 yr.-_; 4 yr.-3; adult-10
<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
TODAY’S Bucktoe Bird Blog [‘BBB’]: [PLEASE NOTE: On October 17,
I sent out the new large weekly “blog” and hotline in my new format - a
newsletter. This is NOT THESE reports you get from HawkCount. Rather,
it’s the newsletter from EBNT, with our upcoming schedule and the County
year bird list, etc. If you aren’t receiving it and are a regular
subscriber, look in your spam – a few servers send it there. [go
figure-lol] If you enjoy “the blog,” featuring the county species
list, and it ended up in your spam, you’ll have to follow your
provider’s method of “whitelisting” it, marking it as “not spam”
or it will always go there. It usually comes out every Thursday.
<BR><BR>
Man is it going to be rough out at the Hawk Watch today, with winds
steadily over 30 mph, gusting towards 50! But before arriving, I stopped
at Wilson Rd, Pond with the hopes that last night’s deluge had made an
impact on this dried up pond. It had not. I did see 2 Eastern
Meadowlarks, though.
<BR><BR>
The hawk watch was an adventure today, with conditions seemingly great for
migration, if not for the comfort of observers. The hawks were only coming
thru in small numbers, though. Still awaiting our first Golden Eagle.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
Golden-crowned Kinglets, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, House Wren [late],
White-crowned Sparrows, Swamp Sparrows, and Palm Warblers
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (2): Buckeye, Variegated Fritillary.
Dragonflies (0). Reptiles & Amphibians (0). Mammals (0).
<BR><BR>
numbers at the site for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 5.16; Steps:
12,114; Floors: 58.
<BR><BR>
that.
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 38; this season:
125
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (0):”
none.
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks Great, with lots of background clouds and strong
northwest winds. Can a Golden Eagle be far off?
<BR><BR>
for the “Nighthawk Watch.”