Date: 10/17/19 11:02 am
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Southern Lancaster County Christmas Bird Count: Sunday, 15 December 2019
Dear PABirders,

The 44th Annual Southern Lancaster County Christmas Bird Count (Solanco
CBC) is scheduled for Sunday, 15 December. We average slightly more
than 100 species each year, which is often the highest number seen on
any Christmas Bird Count in all of Pennsylvania. The count is organized
and sponsored by the National Audubon Society and the Lancaster County
Bird Club.

We are looking for as many volunteers as possible to help with the
Solanco CBC, for part or all of the day. Birders of any level of
expertise and interest are welcome, as are people that have bird
feeders. The count area is a circle 15 miles in diameter, centered on
the Robert Fulton Birthplace south of Quarryville. It includes Muddy
Run Reservoir, Susquehannock State Park, eight miles of the Susquehanna
River, most of Octoraro Lake, and several smaller parks. Towns within
the count circle include Quarryville, New Providence, Holtwood, Peach
Bottom, Drumore, Wakefield, Little Britain, and Kirkwood. The count
circle is quite rural, with lots of great habitat. It lies mostly
within southern Lancaster County, and extends into small segments of
York County, Chester County, and Cecil County.

Please contact me if you wish to volunteer or have questions about the
Christmas Count. We can determine if you live within the count circle
if you wish to watch and count birds at your feeders. My contact
information is:

Bob Schutsky
216 Spring Lane
Peach Bottom, PA 17563
E-MAIL <info...>
VOICE 717-548-3303 (10am to 6pm)
TEXT 717-572-0771

I hope that you will join us for the 44th annual Solanco CBC. I feel
certain that you will enjoy the experience!

Take care,
BOB

Join us on Facebook!