Date: 10/16/19 8:49 am
From: Neil Hayward <opororniswarbler...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] BBC Meeting on Saturday: Laura Erickson
Dear Massbirders,

I'm pleased to announce that birding author and radio broadcaster, *LAURA
ERICKSON* is our guest speaker for our fall meeting this Saturday (see
details below). The meeting is free for members and their guests, and to
those who are interested in finding out more about the club. As an
additional incentive for joining, come meet and bird with our speaker,
Laura, the following morning on a members-only walk. Contact me directly
for time and location.

*What*: Brookline Bird Club Fall Meeting

*Who:* Laura Erickson–author of 11 bird books, producer of ‘For the Birds’,
the longest-running radio program about birds in the US, and recipient of
the American Birding Association’s highest honor, the Roger Tory Peterson
Award. We will also hear from our two Hog Island Scholarship recipients,
Sam Poleretzky and Brynlee Kimball.

*Where*: Geological Lecture Hall, Harvard University, 24 Oxford Street,
Cambridge, MA

*When*: *SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2019 7:30*, with a social hour (light
refreshments) from 6:30–7:30 PM
*Parking*: FREE! At the 52 Oxford St. parking garage (just tell them you're
attending the BBC event).

"*LAURA’S BEST BIRD EVER. A LIFETIME OF MAGICAL ENCOUNTERS."*

Have you ever had such a perfect look at a bird, or watched it in such
perfect circumstances, that you thought it had to be the best bird ever?
Laura Erickson has found herself saying exactly that on many occasions,
from special glimpses at Pileated Woodpeckers and a Five-striped Sparrow
family to her one and only glimpse at one of the rarest birds on the
planet, the Horned Guan. Some of the birds she’s seen in her travels to
four continents made the grade, but so did some of the special individuals
she’s seen in her own backyard. Sometimes looking for the best bird ever
can open our minds and hearts to much, much more.

I look forward to seeing you all at the meeting on* SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19.*

Good birding,

— Neil

Neil Hayward,

President