Date: 10/16/19 6:45 am
From: John Barrett <john.pine.barrett...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Turning on the Light
With the impending low pressure about to consume our area, I thought it
best to put some high pressure on my birding this morning before work. I
was inspired by Yong's post to find some wood ducks. My new thing is
finding birds in places others would normally not look.

Low and behold, walking a "trail" in the local municipal park, I found some
black ducks rafting about when in came two female wood ducks! I could not
find any record of wood duck on ebird for this location, what a sight! I
waited for a male to show, but could not locate.

My wood duck call was priceless.

The non-birders really must have wondered what was wrong with me. But
practice makes perfect.

What really makes a "hot-spot" hot anyway - is it hot because there are
rare birds there or just that there are so many people there so very often
that the rare birds are just more likely to be seen. Thanks Young for
keeping me focused on the "plain and boring" areas of my local town.
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers
to turn on the light...

Best,
John

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>