Date: 10/15/19 10:54 pm
From: Mikeal Jones <mikealjones...>
Subject: [Umpqua Birds] Thanks Re: Diamond Lake Boat Birding, October 12, 2019
Matt,
Thanks for your nice list and especially photos of the Diamond Lake trip. I remember a similar trip with you, and congratulations for doing it again. What a nice photo of the non-breeding Clark’s Grebe, with yellow bill. That’s a big help distinguishing from Western. Thanks for sharing with those of us who didn’t go. Mikeal

Mikeal Jones
826 SE Brockway Ave
Roseburg OR 97470

(541) 673-1859
<mikealjones...>

Sent from our iPad 2

> On Oct 15, 2019, at 9:01 PM, Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter...> wrote:
>

> Hi Folks,
> Seven of us boarded the the USS Patio Boat for almost 8 hours touring Diamond Lake and nearby forest and marsh at Thielsen View Campground and South Marsh boat ramp area. Over 50 species were detected on the lake and in the woods and lots of plants and mushrooms were observed.
> Some regular but rare birds for a high western Cascades Lake included: White-winged Scoter, Surf Scoter, and Redhead.
> Photos here (birds, boat, birders, lake, views): https://photos.app.goo.gl/BvSmkhk3oMfMzPzj8
> Bird list here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60601465
>
> I really love this trip and look forward to the next one.
>
> Best Regards,
> Matt Hunter

Join us on Facebook!