Date: 10/15/19 6:42 am
From: Gabriel Willow <gabrielwillow...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Hooded Warbler in the Battery (NYC)
I led my weekly bird walk in the Battery, at the southern tip of Manhattan, this morning. We had 26 species, including a pair of American Kestrel, a couple of Eastern Towhees, a lingering Magnolia Warbler, and several Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers.

The undoubted highlight however was a bright male Hooded Warbler flitting about between the beehive area and the Biergarten at the SW corner of the park. He was quite cooperative, hopping on the ground and chipping loudly.

Good late fall birding,

Gabriel Willow

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01