Date: 10/14/19 5:12 pm
From: Nancy Tognan <nancy.tognan...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] "Invasion of the Tree Snatchers" - a Queens County Bird Club presentation this Weds. Oct. 16
The Queens County Bird Club will be meeting at the Alley Pond Environmental Center, 228-06 Northern Blvd, Douglaston, NY 11362 >Map of location< <http://goo.gl/8cnmjT> at 8:00 pm this Wednesday, October 16, 2019. Free admission. Refreshments will be served starting 7:30pm.

Our guest speaker will be Jason Stein, presenting “Invasion of the Tree Snatchers”.
Non-native vines such as bittersweet and porcelainberry are pulling down, strangling, and covering over young trees throughout our region, turning our parks into "vinelands" instead of healthy forests.
Jason Stein is an Advanced Volunteer Coordinator for NYC Parks "Super Stewards" program. Find out how to identify invasive vines and how to receive training to become certified to combat invasive vines in your favorite park.

Hope to see you Wednesday!

Nancy Tognan
<nancy.tognan...> <mailto:<nancy.tognan...>
Vice President, Queens County Bird Club

See http://www.qcbirdclub.org <http://www.qcbirdclub.org/> for more information on trips, speakers, and other events.

See our 'Birding Maps & Locations' page for directions to and info about many local birding hotspots

* QCBC is a tax exempt, charitable organization {501c3}. *

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/