Date: 10/9/19 2:29 pm
From: Thomas Love <tlove...>
Subject: [obol] odd stint Tualatin R NWR (Wash Co)
I stopped in at Tualatin River NWR midday today. Among many AMERICAN PIPITS out in front of the visitor center was a lone stint on the largest puddle/pond remaining. I used the scopes in the visitor center in addition to my 10X40s. It has features suggestive of LONG-TOED STINT, but I'm hesitant to call it that without photo verification. Light is excellent and the bird isn't that far away. I hope some local birders (I called around) can get out there for a photo. The bird is quite docile and slowly pecks its way around the pond's far margins.

I noticed: on a Least-type stint, yellowish/greenish legs, a well-defined supercilium that flared out in back, capped look, I thought the dark crown came down the bill but I can't be sure. I looked hard for the pale/greenish lower mandible, suggestive but I can't be sure. The toes seemed long and the bird is longer/slimmer than typical Leasts.

I know, I know...but I'm in the better to have egg on my face than let a potentially great bird get away.

Tom

Join us on Facebook!