Date: 10/9/19 2:11 pm
From: <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] white front movements
The past three days several sizeable flocks of White-fronted Geese have passed over Thornton Creek, Lincoln, headed northeast. I saw another flock in Newport on Tuesday (during another unsuccessful attempt to find the Orchard Oriole) headed the same direction. In the past I have occasionally seen Whitefronts wandering somewhat off course, when disoriented in the fog or low overcast, but these flocks were seemingly traveling deliberately northeast in clear skies. Have any valley birders notices a corresponding increase of Whitefronts at the refuges there?

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!