Date: 10/9/19 1:31 pm
From: Mary Dodds McCarthy <000000bbb2ce0f37-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Question about Nebraska
Thanks so much for all the help about planning to see the Crane migration in Nebraska! Makes me very excited.

Mary Dodds McCarthy
Columbia, Boone County

> On Oct 9, 2019, at 11:47 AM, Steve Garr <steve...> wrote:

Mary and all,
I highly recommend taking in the Crane migration via the "Follow the Flock" 2020 NABS Conference in Kearney March 11th- 15th. It is hosted by the good folks from Bluebirds Across Nebraska and they are old hands at putting together a super event centered around Sandhill Cranes and other birding activities. My wife Regina and I have attended three times and we will attend again in 2020. It is an incredibly well-organized, educational, and FUN way to experience this spectacular natural encounter.
In addition to several trip opportunities to the crane viewing blinds (both morning and evening) there is a wonderful birding field trip (often includes a trip to a prairie chicken lek), a "Prairie Culture Tour", and terrific speakers INCLUDING the Director of Rowe Sanctuary's Ian Nicolson Audubon Center, Bill Taddicken.
Please do check out the field trips and speakers/workshops described in the Registration form in the link above.
It is always more enjoyable to participate in birding activities when you not only know a little of what to expect--but also what is expected of you. SO, the group has provided these TIPS for enjoying the event packed with great information about viewing the cranes, however you choose to participate.
Hope to see you in March in Nebraska!
Steve Garr
Cole county
Jefferson City
<steve...>

On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 09:34:02 AM CDT, Mary McCarthy <000000bbb2ce0f37-dmarc-request...> wrote:

Where and when do you go in Nebraska for Crane migration?

Mary

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!