Date: 10/9/19 1:13 pm
From: Dennis Arendt <dennisarendt...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Wednesday birders
We birded the center section of Alton Baker Park this morning. It was cold
and the birds were hesitant to show themselves. It did not get much
warmer, but the birds did come out. The trees and bushes were loaded with
berries. Robins and waxwings were taking advantage of the inventory. The
feeders across from the canal attracted finches, juncos and crowned
sparrows. We ended the morning with over 40 species; a good record for a
cold foggy morning.

Cackling Goose

American Wigeon

Mallard

Common Merganser

Pied-billed Grebe

Rock Pigeon

Anna's Hummingbird

Killdeer – heard from the Autzen Stadium parking lot

Glaucous-winged Gull

Double-crested Cormorant

Great Blue Heron

Bald Eagle

Belted Kingfisher

Red-breasted Sapsucker

Downy Woodpecker

Northern Flicker

American Kestrel

Black Phoebe – under the small bridge over the canal

Steller's Jay

California Scrub-Jay

American Crow – large groups

Black-capped Chickadee

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Brown Creeper – heard only

Bewick's Wren

European Starling

Varied Thrush – one or two feeding with the robins

American Robin

Cedar Waxwing

House Finch

Purple Finch

Pine Siskin – three at a feeder

Lesser Goldfinch

American Goldfinch

Dark-eyed Junco

White-crowned Sparrow

Golden-crowned Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Spotted Towhee

Red-winged Blackbird

Yellow-rumped Warbler – just a few

Tom Cable, Nancy Clogston, Judy Franzen, Steve Dignam, Scott McNeeley, Jim
Regali, Charlie Thomas, Jim Michell, and Dennis Arendt

Join us on Facebook!