Date: 10/9/19 12:25 pm
From: Jean Tatalias via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Bles Park, Oct 9, 2019
10 birders met at Bles Park this beautiful morning for a walk sponsored by
the Northern Virginia Bird Club. We had some winter arrivals, including a
sapsucker, a winter wren, and a few white-throated sparrows. Departing
phoebes made a major show: they were seemingly everywhere we stopped in a
bit of sun, often in small groups. And chickadees escorted a mixed flock
of warblers, while we found palm warblers separately in low brush.

Very interesting was a waterfowl flyover, which (see notes) was a bit of a
question for us but we settled on goldeneye.