Date: 10/9/19 12:03 pm
From: Rob Sparks <robsparks...>
Subject: [cobirds] Yellow-bellied Sapsucker/Larimer
Hi I had a probable Yellow-bellied Sapsucker this am at McMurry Natural
Area in Fort Collins. I had good looks but alas this individual seems like
a hatch year bird and provides some challenges. This individual had a lot
of brown buff overall no visible red on crown and was mottled. The face
seemed lighter and the supercilium seemed to be broad near eye. I have a
picture on my ebird list here https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60481288

The beast was about 20 feet from the parking lot going west in a
cottonwood, working the mid-upper portion.

Good birding!
Sunny old town Fort Collins
Rob Sparks