Date: 10/9/19 11:43 am
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Interesting Third Hand Common Poorwill Report - Arapahoe
Through the Nextdoor app, I learned that a Common Poorwill appeared to be
enjoying some sun (or a warm engine), out in the open in a suburban parking
lot, on the hood of a dark colored car at the Streets of Southglenn mall in
Centennial (Arapahoe County, University & Arapahoe cross streets). A photo
of the bird, which eventually flew away (and, so, perhaps wasn't either ill
or injured), was shared. The photo was taken from *inside* the car, which
means the driver was able to approach and enter her car before the bird
flew off.

Fall poorwill can be weirdly tolerant of people? I remember one at
Cheesman, sleeping next to a beer bottle, that hardly seemed to notice
photographers, passerby, and dogs for days.

- Jared