Date: 10/9/19 11:39 am
From: Terry Bronson <tbronsonbirds...>
Subject: Sapsuckers, Winter Wren, White-throated Sparrow, and other migrants arriving in Wood County
I spent over 3 hours at Johnson T. Janes Park on Parkersburg's east side
this morning. No Rusty Blackbirds yet, but I did find a few birds arriving
from further north.

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker--6, and maybe as many as 8. Included 3 juveniles
and 2 females that looked like they were of the black-crowned version,
which is a small minority of this species.
Winter Wren--1
White-throated Sparrow--3
Ovenbird--1
Hooded Warbler--1 (probably a resident breeder)
Magnolia Warbler--1

Also of note:

Wood Duck--6
Yellow-billed Cuckoo--1
Eastern Wood-Pewee--1
Eastern Phoebe--4
Red-eyed Vireo--1
Gray Catbird--5
Falcon species--1 flyover that quickly disappeared that based on its size
was probably a Peregrine Falcon.

Here's the complete list: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60482405

As I drove across the Ohio River on the I-77 bridge, a Peregrine Falcon
swooped to land on the top of the superstructure just as I passed.

--
Terry Bronson
Marietta, OH

Join us on Facebook!