Date: 10/9/19 10:47 am
From: David Povey <poveydw747...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Sunday's Buena Vista Audubon pelagic is a go.
Hello all,
I gather there has been a rumor that The Sunday pelagic might not go. I
want to assure all that, although the sign up was very light, *we are a go*.
Looks like about 28 passengers .
I've also had a few inquires about what we'll see....If I only knew that !
I do have some ideas from past years, and you can look at recent reports
form Ventura, or Monterrey, etc. South Polar Skuas, Buller's Shearwaters,
Flesh-footed Shearwater and more.
I saw a report yesterday of a pod of Killer Whales out of Oceanside headed
south.
That stuff is out there. Will we see those or others? Every year is
different, in fact every day is different. Likely we will may not get any
of those, but as a mentor and friend Terry Hunefeld once said "you won't
find out sitting on the couch at home".
I know there is at least one surprise out there, maybe more.
The weather and seas forecast looks good
Come join us, and find out from the front row .
Late sign up is $150. Call H & M Landing at 619 222-1144.

*BTW*, if there is a deserving student with time, desire to go, but no
cash? I have donated two spaces for this trip. Please contact me offline
line at *<poveydw747...> <poveydw747...>. * ( not the landing )
I'll take them in the order they're received here.

*Dave Povey*
*Dulzura*

View/Reply Online (#10039): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/10039
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!