Date: 10/9/19 7:53 am
From: <huneked...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: [osbirds] Kingfisher and Sharpie
Well, this is a first! I was out in the park with my dog this morning and heard a Kingfisher. I looked up and saw the Kingfisher chasing a Sharpie, scolding loudly, and heading toward the creek (north). In a moment or so the Sharpie swung around and went after the Kingfisher, who did an acrobatic twisting dive and came up behind the Sharpie, continuing his pursuit of the intruder! Once out over the creek the Sharpie kept heading northward, and the Kingfisher turned downstream, still calling but this time probably proudly rather than angrily. Of course all this happened in less than a minute...but it sure was exciting to watch!

Dorian Huneke,
Treadwell

Join us on Facebook!