Date: 10/9/19 5:27 am
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

Greater Scaup (1 Lake)
Wild Turkey (2 Klamath)
American Golden-Plover (1 Umatilla)
Pacific Loon (1 Multnomah)
Acorn Woodpecker (2 Klamath)
Pacific-slope Flycatcher (2 Polk)
Clark's Nutcracker (1 Benton, 1 Multnomah)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee (2 Klamath)
Wrentit (2 Klamath)
White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific) (2 Klamath)
Pygmy Nuthatch (1 Jackson)
Townsend's Solitaire (1 Multnomah)
Purple Finch (Western) (2 Klamath)
Lesser Goldfinch (2 Lincoln)
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) (2 Linn)
White-crowned Sparrow (pugetensis) (2 Klamath)
Prairie Warbler (9 Lincoln)

Greater Scaup (Aythya marila) (2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 09:25 by Toby Bradshaw
- Christmas Valley (town), Lake, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.2415347,-120.682394&ll=43.2415347,-120.682394
- Comments: "Round head. Prominent white patch at base of bill. Not
feeding."

Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) (14)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Large flock of mixed ages/sexes. "

Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) (14)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Large flock of mixed ages/sexes."

American Golden-Plover (Pluvialis dominica) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 09:56 by Mark Ludwick
- Cold Springs NWR, Umatilla, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.8502011,-119.1532407&ll=45.8502011,-119.1532407
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Photos"

Pacific Loon (Gavia pacifica) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 07:44 by Nick Mrvelj
- Hayden Island--Columbia Point, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.6104025,-122.667591&ll=45.6104025,-122.667591
- Comments: "Continuing."

Acorn Woodpecker (Melanerpes formicivorus) (2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Expected here"

Acorn Woodpecker (Melanerpes formicivorus) (2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Expected here "

Pacific-slope Flycatcher (Empidonax difficilis) (1)
- Reported Oct 05, 2019 06:54 by Caleb Centanni
- LUCK Banding Station, Polk, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.7379237,-123.1425487&ll=44.7379237,-123.1425487
- Comments: "Seen well--yellowish empidonax flycatcher with teardrop-shaped
eyering. Probable same bird as was banded this morning, for which
Yellow-bellied was ruled out. Cordilleran was not eliminated, but because
of the location, and because the split Western Flycatcher is disputed, I
feel comfortable calling it a Pac-slope"

Pacific-slope Flycatcher (Empidonax difficilis) (1)
- Reported Oct 05, 2019 06:54 by Nolan Clements
- LUCK Banding Station, Polk, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.7379237,-123.1425487&ll=44.7379237,-123.1425487
- Comments: "Seen well--yellowish empidonax flycatcher with teardrop-shaped
eyering. Probable same bird as was banded this morning, for which
Yellow-bellied was ruled out. Cordilleran was not eliminated, but because
of the location, and because the split Western Flycatcher is disputed, I
feel comfortable calling it a Pac-slope"

Clark's Nutcracker (Nucifraga columbiana) (1)
- Reported Oct 06, 2019 15:17 by Frank Isaacs
- (44.5045,-123.5522) Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.504465,-123.552187&ll=44.504465,-123.552187
- Comments: "I’m familiar with Clark’s Nutcracker and photographed one
perched in top of a noble fir on the east side of the top of Marys Peak."

Clark's Nutcracker (Nucifraga columbiana) (2)
- Reported Oct 06, 2019 10:20 by Ross Rickett
- Larch Mountain, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5295611,-122.088232&ll=45.5295611,-122.088232
- Comments: "Two jay-sized corvids flying below Sherrard Point. Pale gray
head and back, long black wings with white patch on inside trailing edge.
Short tail mostly white with dark central feathers.Not seen again and no
photo opportunity was presented"

Chestnut-backed Chickadee (Poecile rufescens) (4)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Two banded."

Chestnut-backed Chickadee (Poecile rufescens) (4)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Two banded. "

Wrentit (Chamaea fasciata) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Expected here"

Wrentit (Chamaea fasciata) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Expected here "

White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific) (Sitta carolinensis aculeata/alexandrae)
(2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Expected ssp, confirmed by calls."

White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific) (Sitta carolinensis aculeata/alexandrae)
(2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Expected ssp, confirmed by calls. "

Pygmy Nuthatch (Sitta pygmaea) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 10:15 by Frank Lospalluto
- casa dei viola, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.063806,-122.609529&ll=42.063806,-122.609529
- Comments: "piping or peeping call notes, there has been at least one bird
near where i live for the past few months
i hear every few days ...yet to get a photo."

Townsend's Solitaire (Myadestes townsendi) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Oct 06, 2019 10:20 by Ross Rickett
- Larch Mountain, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5295611,-122.088232&ll=45.5295611,-122.088232
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "presumably 2/3 of ongoing birds reported previously by Colby.
Have photos... one that, although being very blurry, shows two birds in
single field of view."

Purple Finch (Western) (Haemorhous purpureus californicus) (16)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Nine banded."

Purple Finch (Western) (Haemorhous purpureus californicus) (16)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Nine banded. "

Lesser Goldfinch (Spinus psaltria) (2)
- Reported Oct 06, 2019 07:28 by Nolan Clements
- Newport--Forested Neighborhoods above Bayshore, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6319718,-124.0541591&ll=44.6319718,-124.0541591
- Comments: "Heard diagnostic whine calls of apparently two individuals (to
Caleb) while walking the streets. These long, thin downslurred notes are
not duplicated by AMGO or PISI in tone or length."

Lesser Goldfinch (Spinus psaltria) (2)
- Reported Oct 06, 2019 07:28 by Caleb Centanni
- Newport--Forested Neighborhoods above Bayshore, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6319718,-124.0541591&ll=44.6319718,-124.0541591
- Comments: "Heard diagnostic whine calls of apparently two individuals (to
Caleb) while walking the streets. These long, thin downslurred notes are
not duplicated by AMGO or PISI in tone or length."

Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) (Junco hyemalis hyemalis/carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 11:35 by Deanna Emig
- Tudor Way, Linn, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6215097,-123.0888516&ll=44.6215097,-123.0888516
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Dark gray head, back, and sides. White underneath and outer
tail feathers. Pale bill."

Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) (Junco hyemalis hyemalis/carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Oct 07, 2019 11:25 by Deanna Emig
- Tudor Way, Linn, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6215097,-123.0888516&ll=44.6215097,-123.0888516
- Comments: "Dark gray head, back, and sides. White underneath"

White-crowned Sparrow (pugetensis) (Zonotrichia leucophrys pugetensis) (2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Lauren diBiccari
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Juveniles. One banded. "

White-crowned Sparrow (pugetensis) (Zonotrichia leucophrys pugetensis) (2)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 06:40 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frain Ranch Campground, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.026544,-122.10065&ll=42.026544,-122.10065
- Comments: "Juveniles. One banded."

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 13:33 by Russ Morgan
- 1021 SW Angle St, Newport US-OR (44.6328,-124.0523), Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.632823,-124.052324&ll=44.632823,-124.052324
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Photo’s. Yellow warbler with dark streaking
on sides. Gray on head with clearly seen darker gray semi-circle under eye.
White eyering. Outer white tail feathers very noticeable when flitting
between branches. Observed multiple times by our enthusiastic group, but
seldom stayed in one place long. Feeding with Townsends and Yellow and
yellow-rumped warblers, and kinglets, and chickadees. Tended to be seen
more often around ivy clumps in trees. Most observations were on East side
of Hatfield Street approx 75-150 yds from 10th. Was fun to stand in the
rain with birders from all points Oregon."

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 13:13 by Oscar Harper
- 1021 Southwest Angle Street, Newport, Oregon, US (44.633, -124.053),
Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6328226,-124.0526085&ll=44.6328226,-124.0526085
- Comments: "Continuing. Photographed by Russ Morgan. We caught a couple of
brief glimpses high in the trees. Yellow warbler with a few black streaks
along side of chest, grayish head, white eyering, white undertail."

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 13:13 by Hendrik Herlyn
- 1021 Southwest Angle Street, Newport, Oregon, US (44.633, -124.053),
Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6328226,-124.0526085&ll=44.6328226,-124.0526085
- Comments: "Continuing. Photographed by Russ Morgan. We caught a couple of
brief glimpses high in the trees. Yellow warbler with a few black streaks
along side of chest, grayish head, white eyering, white undertail."

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 14:31 by Vickie Buck
- Hatfield Dr, Newport US-OR (44.6323,-124.0519), Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.632273,-124.051909&ll=44.632273,-124.051909
- Comments: "Continuing. High in trees on east side of Hatfield Street.
Exact observation pin drop. Yellow underneath with yellow undertail
coverts. Some black streaking on flanks. Grayish head without the strong
black Townsend Warbler’s facial pattern. "

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 14:50 by Diana Byrne
- Hatfield Drive, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6326543,-124.052055&ll=44.6326543,-124.052055
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Warbler with bright yellow belly with dark streaks on sides.
Has gray head, broken eye-ring. Continuing rarity. On SW Hatfield Drive,
between 10th St. and SW Bay Blvd., in tops of trees and ivy."

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 08, 2019 08:00 by Roger Robb
- Newport Deco District, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6309412,-124.0562688&ll=44.6309412,-124.0562688
- Comments: "Continuing bird from Oct. 5. First seen briefly high in alder
at Hatfield St, about 75 yards south of 10th. Bird was smaller than nearby
Townsend's Warbler, bright yellow on chest & belly, black streaks on
flanks. Bird wagged its tail. Seen again briefly from Angle St looking
toward Hatfield St."

Prairie Warbler (Setophaga discolor) (1)
- Reported Oct 06, 2019 07:28 by Caleb Centanni
- Newport--Forested Neighborhoods above Bayshore, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6319718,-124.0541591&ll=44.6319718,-124.0541591
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing rarity. Photos. Chuck Philo said he had just seen
it at the intersection of 11th and Angle St when we arrived. Seconds later
we heard a hard, FOSP- or LISP-like chip note from the tallest Ivy bush
directly east of the intersection and saw a warbler flitting in the bush.
We had brief but diagnostic views of the bird, all yellow with streaking
underneath and a cold gray face, before it flew NE out of sight. Nolan
later photographed it a nearby Alder while I was searching for the mystery
wren."

[...]

- Reported Oct 08, 2019 10:45 by Nels Nelson
- SW Hatfield Dr., Newport, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6331885,-124.0523725&ll=44.6331885,-124.0523725
- Comments: "Spotted by Russ Morgan, who pointed out the tree where it had
just landed. Diana Byrne also saw the bird. I got a brief view of the bird
with my binos (a few seconds, not all that satisfying but got to see the
yellow body and the correct size for the PRWA), then tried for a photo, but
the bird flew just as I swung my camera up and I missed getting a flight
photo by a split second. Life bird."