Date: 10/8/19 5:56 pm
Subject: Lark Sparrow, Ft. Moultrie, Sullivan's Island, SC
An immature Lark Sparrow is being observed near Ft. Moultrie on Sullivan's
Island, SC. John Cox reported a Lark Sparrow there yesterday, and this
morning I found a Lark Sparrow perched high in a tree near what some called
the SPAWAR bldg, sits high on the hill with lots of antennas next to
Battery Jasper, National Park Service is there also. The bird was in the
tree by the west fence, the flew over to the east fence, feeding on the
ground. It was relocated later in the day by Ed Blitch and Matt Johnson on
the east side fence perched in a tree, then it flew back toward the west.
Pam Ford and I relocated it a short time later, flying from east to west.
The bird is perching high in the few trees along the fence from the east
side to the west side. The bird seems to fly back and forth and feed on
the ground. It's a large sparrow, fairly easy to spot and relocate.

Craig Watson
Mount Pleasant, SC

--

*“I never for a day gave up listening to the songs of our birds, or
watching their peculiar habits, or delineating them the best way I could.”*

Craig Watson
Mount Pleasant, SC

Join us on Facebook!