Date: 10/8/19 3:28 pm
From: Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Fwd: Two New Boston men confess to killing eagle in Manistee

Seems to me they could have found enough geese to kill at home and saved a lot of driving.  Hunting, catch-and-release fishing, whatever.....some humans just enjoy inflicting pain on creatures.   I watched a squirrel jump off the curb and begin an attempt to cross five lanes of traffic this morning.  There were three people in a monster pickup truck in the right-most lane.  I was in the lane to the left of the truck  and a few seconds behind it.  The squirrel jumped off the curb about three seconds ahead of the truck.  The driver of the truck never touched the brake pedal or initiated evasive steering.  At the last instant, the squirrel reversed its course and returned to the shoulder from which it started.  I learn a lot about my fellow humans when I see how they behave.  In theory, the driver’s actions were just fine with the others in the truck as well since I saw no evidence of guilting or shaming. “Stupid squirrels should know better” I guess is probably their mindset.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAOkb8yPX2S99N9p0c0bh%3D%3DrP28tnZBw7ztgGVFWpR3%<3DrdXokjQ...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C3C3114294EDD93D.BD3E5309-EA72-4573-A018-4171B09B452D...>