Date: 10/8/19 11:42 am
From: DJLauten and KACastelein <deweysage...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Limits on the interpretation of detail in bird records
Well, what it likely really means are they can tell who is a good data
enterer.    That does not really reflect the level of birding skill the
person has.    I am sure there is likely a correlation between 'better
birders' and 'better eBirders'.    There are certainly extremely
excellent birders who are terrible eBirders.    However it is likely
that very good birders who use eBird are often very good eBirders and
therefore they can tell that from the data input.    And I am sure there
are very poor birders who may be good at entering data but you can tell
they are not very good birders by either the lack of diversity they
enter or the identification mistakes they make.

Cheers
Dave Lauten

Join us on Facebook!