Date: 10/8/19 7:14 am
From: Thomas Gilg <tom...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Limits on the interpretation of detail in bird records
I've often wondered the practicality and reliability of eBird supporting an optional protocol-used checkbox. I've seen plenty of birders toggle between casual and serious, but there is no way (I believe) beyond comments to convey said rigor in eBird.

In other industries, I've helped design large eServices that allow certifications/skills to be entered, which then allows the system to offer up more trusted and rigorous tagging privileges.

Thomas Gilg, on the road