Date: 10/7/19 9:54 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Curious whitefront at YBSJ
Well, there is somewhat of a precedent for this. A few years ago I
photographed a very small White-front(?) at Westmoreland Rhododendron
Gardens while 'feeding the ducks' with my grandkids. I got very excited
about this as it was in a group of Cacklers and was about the same size.
But, when I studied the photos later I noticed a normal sized (i.e. large)
bill out of proportion with the small bird. I didn't report it until
someone reported apparently the same bird from one of the refuges around
Corvallis a month or two later, as a possible Lesser. No photos. At that
point I posted my photos on OBOL. Nothing has been heard of this bird
since that time as far as I know. If Lars' bird is seen again, check out
the bill. The previous one _is_ a very enigmatic goose. I can locate the
OBOL posts if anything more develops.

Bob OBrien Carver OR