Date: 10/7/19 8:33 pm
From: Nancy Stotz <nstotznew...>
Subject: [obol] gull puddle goose
Late Monday (30 Sept) afternoon, as we passed thru Newport my husband and I
made a brief stop at the south jetty and saw a white-fronted goose at the
gull puddle. I shot a few photos since I was surprised to see the goose
hanging out with gulls instead of other geese. Though I do remember
thinking it was small (not much bigger than the gulls), I don't see any
hint of a yellow eye ring in the photos though it does show a fair amount
of primary extension. It likely isn't the same bird that Lars noticed from
the boat on Saturday, but photos are posted to eBird here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60264297
Nancy Stotz

Join us on Facebook!