Date: 10/7/19 6:07 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Curious whitefront at YBSJ
While all you dear folks are chasing the PRWA across the bay, please swing by the gull puddle. There's a potential Lesser White-fronted Goose there. I saw it Saturday night with a large Cackling Goose. They were visible from the Misty as we passed on Sunday Morning. I didn't have appropriate reference materials on hand Saturday night. It was smaller than the Cackler, which is weird because Greater Whitefronts are 6ish pounds and the biggest Cacklers(taverni and l'd hazard Aleutians)rarely make it to 5 pounds. Lesser Whitefronts are minima size--2.5#. I got two stills and crappy video on my phone. The still profile shows lots of primary extension, which is diagnostic for Lesser. The body's in profile but not the head because it's grazing in the picture. Juvie Lessers show a faint white eye ring. LarsSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!