Date: 10/7/19 3:06 pm
Subject: Golden-winged Warbler and Gray-cheeked Thrush at cabin today
Between 11:30 - 12:30 am today I saw seven Warbler species at my cabin in
Spruce Pine today. In addition to a Golden-winged (which was a first of
Fall for me) I saw Black-throated Green; Am. Redstart; Tennessees,
Bay-breasteds, Chestnut-sideds and Black-throated Blues. Other notable
birds were Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Downy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers, an
Indigo Bunting and a Sharp-shinned Hawk which made a run at the birds on
the bird feeder. At approx. 4 -4:30 pm at the cabin I saw an eighth
Warbler species (as well as a few I had seen earlier)- a Magnolia. In the
backyard I had a good look at a first of Fall Gray-cheeked Thrush.

Adding to the discussion on this forum about the departure of the
Hummingbirds, the last day I saw one at the cabin was day before yesterday.
However, I still have my feeder up!

Bill Haddad
Spruce Pine, N.C.

Join us on Facebook!