Date: 10/7/19 1:28 pm
From: John Gatchet <jfgatchet...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Re: What? again?
I remember being very disappointed that the pelagic was canceled, but that soon ended upon seeing the Prairie Warbler and the Orchard Oriole. I was fortunate to be with a great group of birders who were able to document these species.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
> Date: October 6, 2019 at 12:35:01 PM PDT
> To: <t4c1x...>
> Cc: <obol...>
> Subject: [obol] Re: What? again?
>
> I was thinking the same thing . You are correct about those two birds. A pelagic trip had cancelled. Owen Schmidt, Dave Irons, Richard Smith, and I (maybe a few others) birded near the Marine Science Center after the cancelation and found the two species within a few minutes of the other. Both were photographed, and were new state records at he time. A great memory for me.
>
> Jeff Gilligan
>

>> On Oct 5, 2019, at 9:10 PM, <t4c1x...> wrote:
>>

>> If memory serves me correctly, it was around forty years ago that Jeff Gilligan and some others were birding near the Marine Science Center, and found an Orchard Oriole and a Prairie Warbler. How odd the same two species should show up again, near each other, at the same time. I have since seen Prairie Warbler in the county, but am still looking for Orchard Oriole. If I miss this one, it will be the fourth time.
>>
>> Darrel

Join us on Facebook!