Date: 10/7/19 11:46 am
From: David Gibson <20cabot...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Winter Crow Roosts...thanks for your help, and please keep it coming
Thanks to all who responded to my request for info about winter crow roosts
in MD and DC. As I said, I've become involved in a national effort to
locate reliable roosts. One reason we're trying to do this, and some of you
may know this: these roosts are being used as educational tools to teach
kids, especially urban kids, about birds, wildlife, and nature. Crows are
considered to be "contact points" or "gateways to learning" about the
natural world. Kids are learning about crows in schools, afterschool
programs, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc. And they're getting excited about what
they're learning (and hopefully some are getting excited about birds in
general!). So the info you provide is really important and helpful.

Best regards, Dave Gibson