Date: 10/7/19 11:38 am
From: David Gibson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Winter Crow Roosts. Thanks for your help...and please keep it coming
Thanks to all who responded to my request for info about winter crow roosts
in VA. As I said, I've become involved in a national effort to locate
reliable roosts. One reason we're trying to do this, and some of you may
know this: these roosts are being used as educational tools to teach kids,
especially urban kids, about birds, wildlife,and nature. Crows are
considered "contact points" or "gateways to learning" about the natural
world. Kids are learning about crows in schools, afterschool programs, Boys
and Girls Clubs, etc. And they're getting excited about what they're
learning (and hopefully some are getting excited about birds in general!).
So the info you provide is really important and helpful.

Dave Gibson
https://birdpartner.com/