Date: 10/7/19 11:04 am
From: liammsf <liammsf...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Homeless Garden - Monday Morning
Hi all,

I spent close to 2 hours in and around the Homeless Garden this morning.
White- and Golden-Crowned Sparrows were very prevalent; spizella sparrows
were not. I thought I saw one but a really quick look that told me very
little. I have some photos to review still but I'm not expecting much.

Some other more exciting news though: Gary and Simon's ORCHARD ORIOLE
continues. I found it on the east side of the fenced-in strawberry patch
in the tall, dry grass/bramble/hemlock patch, next to the first lone
cypress. I will submit a full eBird description and some photos later
today. I also saw at least one PALM WARBLER in the area. I thought I saw
one early on in the north part of the garden, but didn't get a great look.
I was later able to get a much closer look and confirm the diagnostic
features, also over on the east side of the strawberry patch. It flew back
towards the garden, so I don't know if there are multiple individuals or if
I saw the same bird twice.

Good luck out there, and enjoy the birds!