Date: 10/7/19 9:54 am
Subject: Re: hummers going going gone....
I’m in eastern N.C. (Washington). Had huge numbers all summer but only seeing 2 or 3 now....haven’t been able to check today. According to Journey North, they are still migrating south so I’m hoping to have a few visitors still. Great opinion article in NYT today by Renkl about her experience with hummers - entitled The Last Hummingbird.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 7, 2019, at 12:40 PM, Anne Olsen (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>
> I am still getting one Hummingbird at a time at my feeder.
> Anne Olsen
> Monroe, NC
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Oct 7, 2019, at 8:16 AM, Anita Huffman (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>>
>> I had a hummingbird trapped in the greenhouse yesterday and was able to get it out. There were plenty of flowers in there for it to feed on. :) This was the first one I had seen for about a week.
>> Anita Huffman
>> Rugby, VA
>> Grayson County
>>
>>> On 10/7/19 8:02 AM, Laura Ratchford (via carolinabirds Mailing List) wrote:
>>> Rob,
>>> I'm about 5 miles west of you and have had the same experience.
>>> Laura
>>> Orange County, NC
>>> On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 6:02 PM Rob G <carolinabirds...> <mailto:<carolinabirds...>> wrote:
>>> This was busiest hummer summer I’ve had in a long time (west
>>> Carrboro), but in last 2-3 days numbers finally trickling to zero
>>> (seen a few stragglers fly by, but not stopping at feeder); similar
>>> experience for others in Triangle/Piedmont?
>>> -- Rob Gluck.... Carrboro, NC.....
>>
>> --
>> The perfect perennial at affordable prices!
>> www.laurelhillnursery.com

Join us on Facebook!