Date: 10/7/19 8:51 am
From: Jimhardman <jhardman43...>
Subject: [obol] Hudsonian Godwit
Several people have asked me to post some photos of the Hudsonian Godwit as I was able to get closer views than most - Late afternoon on the 27th of Sept. I went out to Fern Ridge determined to get a photo of the Godwit with the sun at my back rather than in my face. I was walking across the mud heading out to his “usual spot” when I ran across the Godwit feeding with some Dowitchers on the south side of one of the islands. The birds were remarkably cooperative and I stood and photographed for several minutes - they never acted alarmed nor tried to fly off and they were still feeding when I left. - Jim Hardman

Link to photos
https://ebird.org/checklist/S60424442/media#180892961

Join us on Facebook!