Date: 10/6/19 9:50 pm
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Sat. On Green Ridge
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Date: Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 9:48 PM
Subject: Sat. On Green Ridge
To: COBOL <COBOL...>

105 raptors today representin 10 species yo. Mild easterly winds in the
morning and early afternoon pushed most raptors low on the east side. As
winds calmed in the afternoon the decreasing numbers of raptors passed high
overhead. Temps from mid 40s to mid 50's with excellent viewing conditions
under sunny skies. There was an almost continuous movement of robins
moving from the east over to the west side of the ridge.

5 Turkey Vultures
1 Osprey
7 Bald Eagle
1 Northern Harrier
43 Sharp-shinned Hawk
20 Cooper's Hawk
1 Northern Goshawk
15 Red-tailed Hawk
4 Golden Eagle
3 Merlin
4 Unid. Accipiter
1 Unid. Raptor

Our frequent flyers today: Peter Low, Kim Boodie, Clay Croften, David
Braunschweiger and Tom Crabtree. We enjoyed the good company of 4 members
of the Prineville Bird Club on a field trip led by Chuck Gates. Our day
was enriched with an additional 9 visitors and it was very encouraging to
see two young couples getting out and getting after it on our public lands.

David Vick
Terrebonne

Join us on Facebook!