Date: 10/6/19 7:04 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Noah Strycker Nat Geo
Many years ago there were some screeching sessions on both topics on OBOL, and as neither topic can be brought to a close with facts, we decided to not start such chats.

I doubt that would happen today, but that is where the policy came from.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

Nostalgic for Nixon….

> On Oct 6, 2019, at 7:00 PM, George Neavoll <gneavoll...> wrote:
>
> And the problem is? This is carrying touchy-ness to the extreme, it seems to me. I follow both OBOL and Tweeters, and this is the kind of discussion that never would occur on Tweeters. Nobody would think of it.
>
> George Neavoll
> S.W. Portland
>
>> On Oct 6, 2019, at 6:46 PM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> <mailto:<acontrer56...>> wrote:
>>
>> I think Wayne’s approach is right. Fine to refer people to the article as Noah is One of Us. This is his first-ever article for NG and is thus a big deal for the Oregon birding family.
>>
>> Cats and falconry are topics excluded from OBOL because they will start endless, er, catfights. Thanks for respecting this custom.
>>

>> Alan Contreras
>> <acontrer56...> <mailto:<acontrer56...>
>> Eugene, Oregon
>>
>> www.alanlcontreras.com <http://www.alanlcontreras.com/>
>>
>> Nostalgic for Nixon….
>>

>>> On Oct 6, 2019, at 6:40 PM, <whoffman...> <mailto:<whoffman...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Pointing out the existence of this article should be OK(?)
>>>
>>> However by OBOL rules this is a prohibited topic. Any further discussion should be moved to BOO.
>>>
>>> Wayne

Join us on Facebook!