Date: 10/6/19 6:56 pm
Subject: re: interesting juvenile eagle - possible Golden Eagle, Lake Russell Dam and launch ramp, Abbeville County, SC on Thursday Oct 3
There were two juvenile eagles at the Lake Russell Dam and launch ramp,
Abbeville County, SC on Thursday Oct 3.

One was a juvenile Bald Eagle and I did not get photographs.

I got distant photographs of the second eagle as it perched in a pine tree,
and I just posted the photographs to ebird and listed it as Golden Eagle.
It seemed to have a smaller head and beak, lighter color on the head and
nape compared to the rest of the body, and white on the underside of the
tail.

I have gotten two opinions on my photographs. One person said the extent
of feathers on the legs showed more of the yellow leg consistent with Bald
Eagle; and the other person said that the extent of feathers covering the
leg was consistent with Golden Eagle.

Matthew Campbell

Join us on Facebook!