Date: 10/6/19 12:35 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: What? again?
I was thinking the same thing . You are correct about those two birds. A pelagic trip had cancelled. Owen Schmidt, Dave Irons, Richard Smith, and I (maybe a few others) birded near the Marine Science Center after the cancelation and found the two species within a few minutes of the other. Both were photographed, and were new state records at he time. A great memory for me.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Oct 5, 2019, at 9:10 PM, <t4c1x...> wrote:
>

> If memory serves me correctly, it was around forty years ago that Jeff Gilligan and some others were birding near the Marine Science Center, and found an Orchard Oriole and a Prairie Warbler. How odd the same two species should show up again, near each other, at the same time. I have since seen Prairie Warbler in the county, but am still looking for Orchard Oriole. If I miss this one, it will be the fourth time.
>
> Darrel

Join us on Facebook!