Date: 10/6/19 10:06 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today 10/6
Hi all,

An active morning at Wheaton Regional Park although, alas, none of us were able to reconnect with Nathan Tea’s Connecticut Warbler. A mixed flock early in the picnic area, then a lull, and then we found another flock working the edges of Pine Lake. A quick check into Brookside Gardens found no hummingbirds, but another small flock near the native plant garden. We had eleven species of warbler and our first of season Sapsuckers.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

50 species (+1 other taxa)
Birds of interest:

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 6
Killdeer 3
Great Blue Heron 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2 Immature and adult male
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 8
Eastern Wood-Pewee 4
Eastern Phoebe 7