Date: 10/6/19 7:10 am
Subject: Re: Marsh Wren (Avery County)
I also had a Marsh Wren this morning at my property in northern Watauga County. Foraging in a stand of giant ragweed in an open meadow. First record for my place in the 11 years I’ve lived here—my property list is now 155!

Elevation 3,400’

Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm
Watauga County, NC
Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 6, 2019, at 9:50 AM, Thomas McNeil (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> Avery County, NC
> Roby Shomaker Wetlands Park
>

> Cathy and I just had (9:20am) a Marsh Wren at Roby Shomaker Wetlands Park in Newland. It is working the area immediately to the left of the gazebo (the side with the big rocks). It is quite active and “chitting” quite a bit. There is also a Northern Waterthrush in the same area.
>

> Thomas S. McNeil
> Cathryn L. McNeil
> Hampton, TN

Join us on Facebook!