Date: 10/5/19 9:44 pm
From: Allen Bryan via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Fw: Birding in Shennandoah National Park & Fluvanna County- Philadelphia Vireo & Connecticut Warbler
I want to thank Paul Glass for pointing out that the Connecticut Warbler is a Nashville Warbler.  The apparent total hood had convinced me otherwise but after review with the poor lighting, observed distance, high up in tree, under tail coverts that don't extend to near tip of tail it should be reassigned.
Many thanks for his input,
Allen
Allen Bryan Richmond, Va. www.visitingnature.com

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Allen Bryan <nshrike1...>To: Reports--- via VA-bird <va-bird...>Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 06:54:57 PM EDTSubject: Birding in Shennandoah National Park & Fluvanna County- Philadelphia Vireo & Connecticut Warbler
I started the day up near Beagle Gap in the Shenandoah National Park and finished the late morning in Fluvanna County in the Green Springs Historic District.  Activity was very good early morning with Thrushes, Warblers and some sparrows making a movement.  Sixty-four species were observed with the most common species being Swainson's Thrush, Cape May Warbler, Tennessee Warbler and Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  The highlights were a very photogenic Philadelphia Vireo and a very high up early morning Connecticut Warbler.  I have only observed this species on the ground or very near the ground before thus it presented a very different perspective in early morning light.
http://visitingnature.com/main/fall-2019/

Enjoy each day,