Date: 10/5/19 6:34 pm
Subject: SE NC this morning
Good migrant activity on the coast this morning.

Ft. Fisher had huge movements of flickers and Palm Warblers all morning. Maggie, Yellow, and Prairie made up the majority non-Palm warblers. Lots of raptors in the sky including several Peregrine and a Merlin. Clapper Rails were omnipresent and a couple even showed themselves, as well as a few Seaside Sparrows. Highlight was a ridiculously obliging Barred Owl hunkered down on the Basin Trail. Also a gator, my first at Ft. Fisher.

Stopped by Greenfield Lake in Wilmington around 1:30 and it was ACTIVE. Really impressive warbler numbers. Haven’t seen that many redstarts since Jackson Park several years ago.

Redstart- 60 or 70
Parula- 30
Palm- 20
Black-and-white- 2
Yellowthroat- 18
Magnolia- 5
Pine- 6
Prairie- 2
Yellow-rumped- 1
Blackburnian- 1
Worm-eating- 1

The butterbutt was my FOS and the Blackburnian and Worm-eating were my first for New Hanover (I think).

Several White and Red-eyed Vireos present as well.

Ryan Justice

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!