Date: 10/4/19 7:49 pm
From: Steve Jaggers <sjaggers280...>
Subject: [obol] (Rogue valley), RV birds post showing Little Bunting today!!!
Date: 10/4/19 6:58 pm
From: Ralph Browning <sjs96...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Little Bunting at Agate Reservoir flats
I have oft thought that the bushes in the flats via Medco Rd might someday
offer up a waif. The bunting bush is marked with a streamer of orange
flagging tape. As far as I know, there really isn't anything marked like a
Little Bunting. The bunting popped up while spishing for a
Chipping Sparrow and something else that was calling somewhat wren-like.
Good view. Judging from its rusty auricular region and central crown and
white eye-ring, but whitish throat, the bunting was an immature. Attempts
to relocate the bunting (or the unknown caller for that matter) were
unsuccessful, ergo no photo finish.

Also at least 4 Violet-green Swallows among numerous Tree Swallows, pipits
galore, and Red-necked Grebe on the water.

Ralph

Join us on Facebook!