Date: 10/4/19 4:26 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Swainson's Thrush Yardbirds, and poor little shorebirds
Today just like last week I have seen many SWAINSON'S THRUSHES in my yard,
12 or more and I wasn't outside very long, 30 minutes, early afternoon, and
saw the birds silently moving through just stopping and resting and picking
at things to eat for a little while. The same thing happened a week ago.
I have not seen numbers of SWTH like these outside of June in places in wet
forests in the Coast Range or Cascades where they are the most common
nesting bird. Here, they move around in brushy covered places, totally
silent. My yard is connected to what might be a migration corridor for
them, the Willamette River

Also today I mailed my family about yesterday's surgery that went well, and
that I had a Stint placed inside me and can't wait to get it out next
week. After sending it I saw my error and told them it should be Stent,
and that Stint is a type of small sandpiper. Sister Norma answered back "I
am sure glad that you don't have a poor little shorebird locked up inside
you, then"

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!