Date: 10/4/19 2:06 pm
From: David Young via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Turner Farm - Observatory Park - Y-B sapsucker, Warblers, etc.

I've stopped by Observatory Park in Great Falls, midday for a half hour or so the past three days . Mostly watching the surprising activity in the fourth tree along the entrance road. Two Pines, a Maple then and then a smaller non nativeplanted tree which sees the most action. Today it had a male Y-B sapsucker (FOS)but also had a first year male Pine Warbler and Blue-winged Warbler. Previous days I saw a Tennessee, Nashville, Palm, and Magnolia all single birds. The tree also has about a dozen Chipping Sparrows, Bluebirds and a flock of  10Cowbirds with some interesting looking molting 1st year males.  Also nearby an Eastern Phoebe, 1 Emp. Flycatcher ( guessing Willow ) and numerous silent Chimney Swifts above.  Observatory Park is usually just a brief stop on my way to Great Falls NP or Riverbend.. Dave YoungReston, Virginia